Geyserville Park steering committee update
The Geyserville Park steering committee met last Thursday and provided the following update on the corner park.
- The boulders are all delivered (thanks to Syar Industries).
- A water meter has been installed (thanks to Harry Bosworth for providing water for the site).
- Demolition completed. Trees are being planted, and site grading and setting of boulders are all in progress (thanks to Calpine for a donation toward the trees and Clay Green with Cats4U).
- The trees are not dying. Moving trees causes shock, and they will come back.
- Cal Trans asked that we move snags and boulders away from the highway until installed, which was done.
- Two more wells have been dug for EPA testing.
- Someone mentioned a possible fire issue with the park; it was determined that there is no more issue than with nearby buildings.
- The trees are being watered, and snags will be buried like along a river.
- The committee would like to remind everyone that the park is not complete and that it is being created by volunteers who have many demands on their time. It is our hope that it will be completed enough to be usable by the fall.
To add your name and talents to the volunteer list, call Kent England, (408) 771-3171.