Fire at Hope Merrill House
‘It happened on Tuesday noon’, said Cossette Trautman-Scheiber. ‘We were not here as we were with our wine making group at Mill Creek. We were on our way home and had just pulled onto 101 when I got a call from Shirley Buchignani. The first thing she asked me “was I all right”. And, I said yes, Why? She then told me that there many fire engines in front of the Inn and that Geyserville Ave was closed from School House north. We arrived back in less than ten minutes as the fireman were packing up hoses, and assorted gear. It was our laundry room and pool house. I had just gone across the street after having put wet laundry into the dryers and dirty laundry into the washing machines. We don’t know who called it in, but lots of people in Geyserville knew about it before we did. Yesterday, the fire inspector, a plumber and Farmer’s were all here. The fire inspector determined that there had been a small gas leak near the pool heater.’ Cosette and husband Ron and all guests are fine, and the Inn is open for business.